Time is long overdue to bring you the next overview of all the great reviews that have reached us the last weeks/ months. So here we go:
- first one is for Claudio Delgift‘s The Essential, coming from French website Prog Critique. In their words: Claudio Delgift demonstrates a great technical mastery combining power and quality. Twelve tracks never run out of energy or inspiration, the musician splits a classic and melodic progressive that allows his guitar playing to flourish. (3.5 / 5)
- Next one is ViriAOR discussing Phil Vincent‘s Hypocrite album: “An album that handles all musical styles in brush strokes, and that personally, is what I liked most about him lately. Highlight guitar solos by experts Vince O’Regan and Peter Cox. A compact, entertaining and interesting album.” (5/5)
- an amazing 4/5 stars for Battersea and Arguments & Sentiments from Dmitry at DMME
- and an even more wonderful 5/5 at ViriAOR for Battersea
- also a 5 stars for Legion and Rising from ViriAOR
- next up Metal Integral reward the Live In The City Of Power album from Stamina with 15/20, no wonder they call them “unjustly unknown”!
- Back to DMME and Phil Vincent. Another 4/5 stars, with Dmitry stating “quite an unexpected move for Phil, but the contemporary sonics show how valid such an approach is in an appropriate context”
- Italian website Aristocrazia had lots of good things to say about Stamina; “trust me, you will not be disappointed. Grit, tenacity and passion: this is fed by the music of Campania and this is the only one you will find inside Live In The City Of Power , energy in abundance!”
- Over to Germany now, where PowerMetal.de has a lot of good things to say about Rising from Legion with qualifications like “flawless”, “no shortage of hooks”, or “still a long way from old-timers and still lots to say” (7.5/10)
- back to Italy and Stamina, where Hardsounds rewards the live album with 77 points calling it a “significant live testimony”
- Strutter and Gabor had a bit of catching up to do. On this page you can find reviews for:
– D’Ercole – Made to Burn (8.1/10)
– Slug Comparison – When You Were Living Here (8.5/10)
– Legion – Rising (7.7/10)
– Stamina – Live In The City Of Power (7.3/10)
– Phil Vincent – Hypocrite (8.1/10)
- and the last one for today is from Belgium’s Concrete Web, talking about Rising from Legion with lots of positives. The songwriting, the sound, the execution. Resulting in a warm Recommended.
Thanks to all the writers!