On August 11, 2023, The Kirmon Project will release rock opera Stained – The Disappearance Of Good Heart Joe. Rock Company are pleased to help promote this epic undertaking. This opera is a modern day old fashioned fairytale about the life of four young people during the Christmas season in a huge city. More info on the website https://www.stained-opera.com.
Elian de Montcorbier (the writer of more than 50 books and poetry) came up with the idea of writing a rock opera. The story is fictional with autobiographic elements and contains fiction but certainly also nonfiction and he has experienced a lot from this opera himself.
Stanislaw Kirner used his capabilities to provide the opera with music that relates back to the 1970s and 1980s. Apart from writing the concept Stanislaw also made sure that it is not just rock music but also pop and symphonic. This is to build in an arsis and thesis so that as a listener you don’t just hear the same genre. In other words, a versatile opera. Let yourself be surprised.
We are very proud to announce our new signing:
Album number 9 from this hard rock outfit solidifies their place in the melodic rock community with heavy opener “Trial By Fire” paving the way for the melodic onslaught that’s about to come. Epic track Synergy (Parts I & II) shows the light and dark to great effect. “Fighting to Survive” crunches its way into metal territory and closing opus “The Broken Heart” mixes prog, melodic rock, and metal to sheer delight. D’Ercole “Mass Formation” is the real deal.
Render Me Useless is a New Jersey alternative rock band, formed by twin brothers Travis and Justin Turk. Their music can be compared to the sounds of Senses Fail, Paramore and other emotional pop punk artists that had emerged in the late 2000’s. With melodic guitar riffs, catchy hooks and sonic bass booms, your guaranteed to be blown away by these original tunes.
Their debut album “Love for Lust” sparked an interest in the local teenage music scene back in 2006. After selling out numerous shows, RMU was nominated as the number one headlining act at the Galaxy Café music venue in Summerville NJ before the venue shut down in 2008.
The band saw their first rise to fame after winning a local contest landing them a headlining slot on the mainstage of the National Rock Summit Music Festival in Pensacola FL. From there they went on to win several battles of the band competitions for Gorilla Productions at the Crossroads in Garwood NJ.
RMU released a new EP “Driving in Fast Forward” in 2009 and continued to headline venues across NJ, PA and NY before taking a break from the scene in 2011. After a long struggle to maintain band members, Travis and Justin decided to quit touring.
The band wrote and recorded several songs since then. Songs that have not yet made it into the digital market. Well, the band is back and happy to announce that new music will be coming your way soon!
Face The Music, the new thrilling new rock album from Mike Walsh with Five to Life and many of his friends and other massive talents is out now! It is available on CD, with a full colour booklet with the lyrics here, or here, or ask your favourite shop.
It is also available in digital formats at:
Mike Walsh & Five to Life is the creation of Mike Walsh. Best known for his work with his melodic rock band, Departure (as well as Message and many Tribute albums), Walsh says he has taken a different approach to his music on this record, a more earthy, natural sound. Walsh calls it a labor of love.
The songs embody thoughts, feelings, emotions, and relationships; “Face the Music” will stir your heart and capture your imagination. Walsh, reuniting with brilliant musicians, says the new record delivers a message of fine songwriting and exemplary musicianship.
In Short “Face the Music” is destined to become a part of any music lover’s collection.
The album releases 8 February 2023 and is available for order.
And on top of that, we already discounted lots of albums! So perfect chance to stock up on our past releases… But hurry, offer ends December 24. You can check both our websites for this, rockcompany.nl and rockcompanyrecords.com. The latter stocks more titles!
Take a look, and thank you for your support!
- Stutter’s Gabor had lots of nice things to say: 8.3 / 10. Read what he writes here
- French site Metal Integral hand out a 16/20 and say “musicians and a singer of very good level who will save you the sometimes disappointments linked to groups of young people who are just starting out”
- Fabulous wordsmith Dmitry from Canada writes on his DMME site “Philosophical treatise on existential crisis from international think-tank who thrive on melody”and 4 / 5 stars
- Dutch site White Room Reviews is pleased: “Anyone who likes hard rock that is easy to pick up, is well served with this foursome”
- Spanish writes Viri AOR recommends the album and says “Hard rock with progressive influences. A very solid and interesting release!
- a 7 / 10 from German site Crossfire Metal
- a 3.7 / 5 from Rock Hard Slovakia “Most of the eleven songs sound like melodic hard rock with a pinch of progressive elements, with well-crafted, harmonious vocals and catchy choruses. There is an interesting rhythm section, sharp guitar riffs and quite impressive solos. The bass guitar is also an ornament of the recording”
- a whopping 4/5 stars from Jon Neudorf at Sea Of Tranquility (USA) who confesses “This is the first time I have heard the band and what a revelation it has been. Evolution is an excellent hard rock/metal disc. The lead vocals are stellar, the riffs catchy, and the rhythm section drives it all home in dramatic and powerful fashion”
- a mindblowing 9/10 comes from UK’s Powerplay magazine:
- also from the UK, Fireworks:
- also a review from the German Rock Hard:
- and last but not least: there has also been an extensive interview with the band and PowerPlay writer Nicky Baldrian. This is a big file (8MB) so be patient…