It is time to update you on the next batch of reviews we want to share with you!
- First one is from mr. H. (The Rocker) about Souls Of Deaf (January 22). He does not like the name or all of the tunes, but says “There are some good tunes and riffs on offer”
- French site Neo Prog write a very fine piece about the latest Slug Comparison. Some of their words (translated): “Definitely, it is more than recommended to explore the Slug Comparison universe; between shadow and light, acoustic and electric, this opus listens to one stroke as it is judiciously balanced and you will become indispensable”
- Next is Get Ready To Rock, also about Slug Comparison. Jason Ritchie says “Those already familiar with his solo work will certainly want this, along with those who enjoy prog rock with a distinct alternative edge”
- Rocktopia/ Fireworks’ Mick Parry had this to say about Marenna: “The album oozes a vibrant, melodic sound and it’s easy to pick up the influences from the past, but these guys have added a touch of flair to it all. In Rodrigo Marenna, they have a great front-man with the pipes to match the best out there. If you like Melodic Rock with an edge, go for this and you’ll have ‘No Regrets'”
- Word wizard Dmitry Epstein wrote about Cranston: ” this little ensemble with a big sound follow their debut record with a sophomore effort that bares their arena-minded ambition” and hands a 3 3/4 out of 5 stars for the album
- Your Music Blog say about Cranston “prove that Phil and Paul have a great thing going. Fingers crossed we are treated to more of this”
- Something For The Weekend include Slug Comparison in the 5 albums you need to hear for January
- Felonafan wrote a 4 star review for Sunrise Auranaut, and says it’s a “good addition to many prog collections”
- Another one from Dmitry at DMME, this time on Slug Comparison “bound to perplex and enchant an ear in equal measure” with a 3 4/5 star as a result
- And last but not least for now, a blistering 5 star review for Cranston on ViriAOR. Alicia Albertos recommends the album saying (translated) “An honest and easy listening record where a careful production stands out, with well-arranged arrangements and second voices and some lines of guitars that give the final product a touch of distinction”
All writers, thank you very much!