On the brink of the new year a last view at some reviews our releases received:
- Your Music Blog on Legion – Rising ” I know some people are afraid Phil is saturating his fan base with all these releases. But when the outcome is this good, who cares… Bring it on! Well, we already know there is no stopping Phil”
- DPRP wrote lots of (very positive) things about Forest Field – Seasons: “the music is actually quite enjoyable and definitely worth checking out if you like smooth melodic AOR with an occasional heavy touch.” But they do acknowledge some tracks being more progressive 😉
- Sea Of Tranquility gives Battersea – Arguments & Sentiments 3 / 5 stars. Not bad considering this release is a bit out of their normal scope. They say ” there’s no denying that Battersea know how to snag a hook and construct a chorus”
- They also write about Legion and hand it 3.5 / 5 stars. It’s metal you know… “For me Legion finds Phil Vincent at his strongest and I personally wish he’d temper all the other musical activity he’s involved in to really focus his energies here”
- Next Background Magazine on Forest Field – Seasons: “a step forward for me, more power and not afraid of an experiment” 3/5 stars
- Then we have Festival Info handing 4/5 stars to Legion – Rising. They recommend checking the album if you are into quality hard rock.
- On to France where MusicWaves give Forest Field – Seasons 3/5. Despite some strange mistakes and assumptions from the writer, still lots of good things from them.
- We continue with a 3.75 / 5 from another French magazine, Highlands. This is a very extensive one but my French lacks adequate translation skills.
FOREST FIELD – SEASONS review in Highlands Mag 99
- And last but not least a 75/100 from BURRN Japan for Forest Field!
If someone would be so kind to translate…
Stay Safe and enjoy the festive season!